Footsteps Care - Gidea Park (Havering)
Located within the London Borough of Havering, the home in Havering is on the border of Havering and Essex County.
This premises is a 6 bedroom large detached house offering accommodation
for up to six children of either sex. Three of the bedroom are equipped
with showers and wash basins. There is a large lounge, an activity
room, a dining room and a large kitchen. The back garden offers space
for playing and is equipped with a sensory garden house a trampoline
and areas to sit.
The home is located close to local shops with neaby bus and rail links.
Children who live here have access to the following activities:
- Local club facilities for people with learning disabilities
- A disco for children with special needs
- Support for children's education
- A Life Skills programme led by staff in the home
- Annual holiday trip organised by staff
- Several out-door schemes
- Work experience arranged where appropriate with local businesses
- Access to local cinemas, theatre and community fetes.
- Social activities in-house organised by the children and staff e.g birthday celebrations and festive days.
Footsteps Care - Leyton (Waltham Forest)
Both homes are staffed by a dedicated skilled team of people who are
continually being trained and supervised to ensure that they give the
best care. The staff teams are lead by qualified managers with a wealth
of experience in the support and management of care for children
with learning disabilities.
This home is located in the London borough of Waltham Forest. It is
located in a quiet residential area with easy access to supermarket,
local shops and leisure facilities.
The premises offers eight large en-suite bedrooms, a lounge and
kitchen/dining area,a laundry room and an activity area within the
grounds in a detached bungalow.
Three of the bedroom on the ground floor have wide access toilet
and bathrooms equipped with wet rooms. There is a stair lift up to
the bedrooms on the first floor. The entrance to the building allows
wheel chair access. In addition to the en-suite facilities of each
room, each floor has a communal bathroom equipped with a bath tub for
those who prefer to have a bath. The ground floor communal bathroom has
wide access and allows for wheel chair or hoist access if required.
The Bungalow is equipped with facilities to prepare for independence
and offers space for a variety of activities. Children living at this
home will have access to:
- Local leisure facilities
- Good transport links via bus, main line and underground rail
- Access to local shops and the larger shopping area of neaby Westfield, Stratford.
- Opportunities to link in with activities for people with disabilities run by local organisations within the borough.
- Easy access to green out door areas of neaby Epping Forest.
- Support with school work from staff and access to the local library.