Residential Care Enquiries
Care is the children's servces section of the Footsteps Group; providing
accommodation, care and support for individuals with learning
disabilities. Our Children Services provide residential care at two
locations within residential homes. These homes ensure that the needs
of children are
met when they cannot live with their own family. The homes are places where
children develop and grow as well as provide for daily living needs,
shelter, protection and space to play and engage in leisure within a caring
Our Children Services are regulated by law. We are
inspected by Ofsted, the organisation charged with the responsibility
of ensuring that we comply with standards and legislation to
deliver expected outcomes. We subscribe to these values which
underpin our service.
- The child's welfare , safety and needs is at the centre of our care.
- Children should
have an enjoyable childhood, and benefit from excellent parenting and
education, enjoying a wide range of opportunities to develop their
talents and skills leading to a successful adult life.
- Children are entitled to grow up in a loving environment that can meet their developmental needs.
- Every child should have his or her wishes and feelings listened to and taken into account.
- Each child should
be valued as an individual and given personalised support in line with
their individual needs and background in order to develop their
identity, self-confidence and self-worth.
- The particular needs of children with disabilities and children with complex needs are fully recognised and taken into account.
- Looked after children should wherever possible maintain relationships with birth parents and their wider family.
- Children at our homes will be
given the opportunity to have as full an experience of a supportive
homely environment as possible.
- Our carers will
be recognised as core members of a team around the child with an
important contribution to make in planning and decision making about
- Our staff are developed through opportunities to train and learn in order to provide the best care for children.
partnerships are maintained between all those involved in our homes to
deliver best outcomes for children: this includes the Government, local
government authorities, schools and places providing education, health
services and other statutory agencies.