||When a child cannot be
looked after in their own home or a foster home, a residential home may
be considered. Footsteps Care residential homes are geared to meet the
needs of children with learning disabilities when they cannot live in
their own famiy home. Our homes provide a place where they can be safe
and develop and be supported to continue their education.
One of the distinguishing features of residential care is that children
live with a group of other children looked after by paid staff who work
on a shift basis and live elswhere. Each child placed with Footsteps
Care has unique personal circumstances and needs. The facilities made
available for a child may have to be tailored to the child's need
including the decor of bedroom and any special equipment needed.
Our homes provide a structured , supportive and nuturing
environment where children are cared for and live safely.We
work closely with the local authority where the home is located to
ensure that children are kept safe and that policies and
are in place for ensuring safety and are workable.
Footsteps Care is able to respond to:
As children progress with their development, our staff will get involved in:
- Same day placement requests
- Planned placements
- Preparing children to return to their family where possible
- Prepare children for fostering
- Prepare young people for supported or semi-independent /independent living
Systems are in place to monitor, review and continually develop the practice of our services for children. Such systems include:
- Internal and Independent Person Monitoring and reporting
- Monthly audits of Health & Safety, Quality of the Service, Care Plan documents and Medicine Administration.
- Regular staff development and training including annual updates for some areas to maintin competencies.
- 3 Monthly Quality Report available to users of the service and Ofsted
- Two unannounced inspections by Ofsted annually
- Annual monitoring visits by local authorities who have children placed within our service.
- At least twice a
year obtain the views of local authorities and parents/significant
others who have children placed with us regarding our service.
- Maintenance of
annual safety checks and obtaining relevant certificates concerned with
the physical environment and in line with Health and Safety legislation.
- The Service has a management structure with specific responsibility for quality and monitoring attached to the roles.
Complaints and compliments
welcomes comments and suggestions regarding our service. We treat
complaints seriously paying detailed attention to all complaints
whatever the nature to enable individuals to freely express views of
issues about the service. This includes the views of the children,
staff who work within the service, others associated with working in
partnership with Footsteps Care and members of the public. Written
complaints can be sent by post to:
Footsteps Care - Children Services
60 Eastern Road
By Email: email@example.com